Sunday, February 8, 2009

Semi-circle Moon

3rd Feb 09

Dada and you were walking back from the playground. You stopped and looked. You then said, "Dada, semi-circle moon". Dada too stopped and looked. Indeed, he saw a semi-circle moon. He was very surprised that you were able to distinguish between a semi-circle and a crescent moon. It was only two days back where you told him that you saw a crescent moon. Dada gave you a tight hug.

Few weeks ago, Mama took out some foam shapes for you to play with. You would look at the different shapes and asked, "What's that?" We would then tell you if it was a circle, diamond, heart, triangle, square, semi-circle or crescent. We were at a book store and dada picked up "tiny tiny" books for you and one of the book were about Shapes. Instantly, that became your favorite book for the week. We sat in the store and I pointed out the shapes to you. Within minutes, you were able to tell me the crescent and semi-circle shape. We read the book at least once in a day, and after the second day, you could tell us almost all of the shapes in the book. We were amazed at how fast you picked up.

You have been pointing to us circles and stars for two months now, but to know such words and relate it to the actual shape, is really amazing. Now you see shapes everywhere. You saw pentagons and trapezium and wanted to know what those were, and all I could think to myself, "Soon she will be teaching her mother".

5 comments:

Priyanka said...

Nushki is very sharp, I'm sure she will teach you guys someday :)
Loads of Hugs and Kisses to my lil neice...Muuuaaaaaaaaaah!

Anonymous said...

Awww... Isnt she a bright lil gal. :) I love the way u narrated it :) I felt like I was experiencing it first hand! Way to go anushka!

Anonymous said...

I miss my lado so much, kept watching her videos on the flight. Wonder what new stuff she will have learn in the next 3 weeks. I am looking forward to visiting ToysRUs this time, strange, all our visits until now have been to BabiesRUs, sigh .. she is growin up fast isn't she.

Isha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Such a nice post.After so many months...So clever noe...

Awww, dada miss her so fast??She misses u 2....
When I was talking to her, she said: Where is .....dada??

She sounded so sad....

Maa da laadla(girl is laadli?) begad gaya

P.S:Sorry had to delete the other one

Isha