Friday, February 20, 2009

My Primitive Baker

12th Feb 09

Mama bakes with me for the first time today. When she put me on the high-chair, I thought it was time for my snack. Instead, I saw a big bowl and a Pyrex cup. Read on to see what fun I had with Mama.

Feeling the flour



Mama handed me a spatula. I tried stirring with it like Spot does in Spot Bakes a Cake.


I liked using my hands better. The flour felt cold and soft on my hands.


Mama showing me how to mix the oil and brown sugar.

"Whee"! I enjoyed stirring the sugar.

Mama mashing the bananas.

Somehow the flour was more interesting. Something about the texture.

I decided to give Mama a helping hand by stirring it for her. The batter seemed to be getting thicker.
Oatmeal and chocolate chips were added in the batter. The spoon was stuck and I could barely stir it now.
Letting Mama taste my batter. She seemed satisfied with it.
Taking a break while the cookies are in the oven.
Tada! My banana chocolate chip cookies are ready.
I helped Mama with the clean-up too.
Cookies taste even more delicious when shared with my Bhaiya.









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww so fun.
You such a good mommy. I never baked with the kids till they were much older.
Too much clean up required

Anonymous said...

They have got to be the sweetest cookies in the world !
Thanks for posting this, you made my day.

-Dad

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww that's soooi sweet... She must be delighted to see n taste her cookies! The mummy must be beaming with pride n joy! :)

Rahul said...

Asaan- Thank you. this mess was nothing compared to the one where I used to bake with 12 other toddlers in one room. That was a HUGE mess. It was fun. Will do it more.

Dad- She missed you and kept saying "Dada, cookie".

Chaand- At first she did not eat the cookie, but when her Bhaiya was devouring it, she joined him too. And this was the first time she ate a cookie, and she got a little too active.

Priyanka said...

I absolutely LOVED the pic of Nushki with the broom, cleaning up like Indubai :) (Mom told me she said that last time).
I want to taste them too..yumm yumm.
Can't wait to do some baking with Ash, she needs to get her molars first. I love to bake so much, I hope Ash does too.
Happy Birthday Sonia! :)

Monika said...

awww so adorbale :)